Was “The Original Intent”
Copyright © 2013 by Michael A. Shea -
Whose Divine Hand Was behind the Establishment of the United States of America and our Founding Documents.
The meaning of a number of words has changed over the years to where they have a very different meaning in today’s vernacular. In the list of political and religious terms below, I have attempted to provide the more traditional definition of the word or term. For the definition of words from the time of the country’s founding, the reader is encouraged to reference Noah Webster’s 1828 dictionary or online at www.1828.mshaffer.com to check for the earlier historical definition.
* Free will is defined as the freedom to choose what is right according to God’s law. It is not license to sin since one is answerable to God for their choices. (“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”— John 14:15 RSV) If God has made a request of an individual to perform a specific job or task, or to take on a certain responsibility in life, free will is the freedom to accept or deny His request.
* To be added ....
"Listen to me, my people, and give ear to me, my nation; for a law will go forth from me, and my justice for a light to the peoples.
— Isaiah 51:4 RSV
“Behold, I have taught you statutes and ordinances, as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should do them in the land which you are entering to take possession of it. Keep them and do them; for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.' For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as the LORD our God is to us, whenever we call upon him? And what great nation is there, that has statutes and ordinances so righteous as all this law which I set before you this day?”
— Deuteronomy 4:5-
“This law of nature, being coeval with mankind and dictated by God Himself, is of course superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe in all countries, and at all times: no human laws are of any validity, if contrary to this; and such of them as are valid derive all their force, and all their authority, mediately or immediately, from this original."
— Sir William Blackstone (1723-
"Human law must rest its authority ultimately upon the authority of that law which is Divine ... Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants"
— James Wilson (1742-
"Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.”
— Matthew 5:17 RSV
“But there is a higher law than the Constitution, which regulates our authority over the domain, and devotes it to the same noble purposes.”
— William Henry Seward (1801–1872) Secretary of State under Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson
Liberty or "American" Liberty
* Liberty or "American" liberty is defined as a gift given by God to those who love liberty and are willing to guard it and defend it. Perfect liberty requires conformity to the will of God by living one’s life with self restraint, in virtue and piety, adhering to laws and spirit of the Bible with God as the sole sovereign. (“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom [liberty]”— 2 Corinthians 3:17 RSV) It was stated in the country’s Declaration of Independence or the country’s mission statement, that “We hold these truths to be self-
American liberty considers limited government to be a necessary evil, and rights defined in the country’s Constitution needed to protect of the natural right of liberty of conscience and of religious liberty (freedom of religion). The limits of those religious rights and role of government being defined by the Bible as man is in the most happy state and at liberty when he his following the commandments of God. (“But he who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer that forgets but a doer that acts, he shall be blessed in his doing. So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.”
— James 1:25, 2:12 (RSV)
* Liberty as defined by Patrick; “Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is impossible that a nation of infidels or idolaters should be a nation of freemen. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom. No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue, and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.”
Patriot or Patriotism
* A patriot or patriotism is defined as love of ones country while living in fidelity to the teachings in the Bible, and zealously supporting and defending ones country and its interests and their religion.
“A patriot without religion in my estimation is as great a paradox as an honest Man without the fear of God. Is it possible that he whom no moral obligations bind, can have any real good will towards men? Can he be a patriot who, by an openly vicious conduct, is undermining the very bonds of society bonds of society, corrupting the morals of youth, and by his bad example injuring the very country he professes to patronize more than he can possibly compensate by intrepidity (fearless bravery in danger; undaunted courage or boldness), generosity and honor? The scriptures tell us “righteousness exalteth a nation.”
— Abigail Adams (1744-
“For a true patriot must be a religious man. I have been led to think from a late defection, that he who neglects his duty to his Maker, may well be expected to be deficient and insincere in his duty towards the public. Even suppose him to possess a large share of what is called honor and public spirit, yet, do not these men, by their bad example, by a loose, immoral conduct, corrupt the minds of youth, and vitiate the morals of the age, and thus injure the public more than they can compensate by intrepidity, generosity, and honor? Let revenge or ambition, pride, lust or profit, tempt these men to a base and vile action; you may as well hope to bind up a hungry tiger with a cobweb, as to hold such debauched patriots in the visionary chains of decency, or to charm them with the intellectual beauty of truth and reason.”
— Abigail Adams (1744-
The Spirit of Uncurruptable Patriotism
“It may please the Lord of Hosts … to ... grant that a spirit of incorruptible patriotism and of pure undefiled religion may universally prevail.”
— Continental Congress, March 16, 1776
"Patriotism is as much a virtue as justice, and is as necessary for the support of societies as natural affection is for the support of families. The Amor Patriae is both a moral and a religious duty. It comprehends not only the love of our neighbors but of millions of our fellow creatures, not only of the present but of future generations. This virtue we find constitutes a part of the first characters of history.
The holy men of old, in proportion as they possessed a religious were endowed with a public spirit. What did Moses forsake and suffered for his countrymen! What of the shining example of patriotism do we hold Joshua, Samuel, Maccabeus, and all the Jews! St. Paul almost wishes himself accursed for his countrymen and kinsmen after the flesh. Even our Saviour himself gives a sanction to this virtue. He confined his miracles and gospel at first to his own country."
— Benjamin Rush (1745-
“It is in the man of piety and inward principle, that we may expect to find the uncorrupted patriot, the useful citizen, and the invincible soldier. God grant that in America true religion and civil liberty may be inseparable, and that the unjust attempts to destroy the one may in the issue tend to the support and establishment of both."
— John Witherspoon (1722-
* Moral goodness; the practice of moral duties and the abstaining from vice, or a conformity of life and conversation to the moral law. In this sense, virtue may be, and in many instances must be, distinguished from religion. The practice of moral duties merely from motives of convenience, or from compulsion, or from regard to reputation, is virtue as distinct from religion. The practice of moral duties from sincere love to God and his laws, is virtue and religion. (Webster 1828 Dictionary)
Progressivism or "American" Progressivism
* Progressivism or American Progressivism (in the 21st century) is both a religious philosophy and a social political movement. It is a denial of God and rejection of an absolute truth. Fundamentally is a revolt against God, His Laws and Commandments, biblical moral basis for right and wrong, and the traditional family. Its values are often without virtue, thus open to jealousy, envy, deceit, hypocrisy, malice, slander, and hate. Hate typically of those who profess their biblical beliefs publically. Without Biblical standards of moral conduct, the political movement is often authoritarian forcing social changes through legislation, though force of government and the courts, rather than by popular vote or opinion.
Tactic of the movement are often lies, fear, intimidation, character assassination of opponents, false choices, payoffs, and election fraud. Their success in large part depends on citizens being uninformed of the truth and consequence of the change, and ignorance of the Bible, Constitution, and governmental law.
In pushing for social change, progressives will sometimes partner with atheists, socialists, communists, Marxist, and Islamist, as they are at odds with or an enemy of Christianity. Education and media are assets employed as a long term way to force social change by changing people’s thinking in areas such as biblical norms and beliefs, moral absolutes, situational ethics, modernism, social justice, environmentalism, social progressivism, capitalism, and socialism and communism. The reeducation or generational propaganda, which often is emotional without a scientific or supportable basis, but over time, neutralizes opposing views especially of citizens who often inaccurately perceive that it is the belief of the majority their fellow citizens. Following a “herd mentality,” many become useful assists in pushing for the social change that they once opposed.
“Progressivism leads inevitably to utter irrationality and eventually political, as well as moral chaos."
— Robert V. Young, Jr. (1947-
“For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.'"
— Mark 7:21-
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of men who by their wickedness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse; for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools,” “And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a base mind and to improper conduct. They were filled with all manner of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity, they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them but approve those who practice them.”
— Romans 1:18-
Liberalism or Modern American Liberalism
* Liberalism -
“Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.”
— James Burnham (1905–1987) Leader in the American Communist movement, turned conservative.
"Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face."
— Thomas Sowell (1930) Economist, Political Philosopher, and Author
* Humanism is a secular progressive religion where man is God. It is also social philosophy, and political movement that rebels against of God, Law, and Commandments. It pushes evolutionary science, materialism, and moral relativism with the goals of removing God from society, and the hearts and minds of people.
“You see, the average person think that the teachings of humanism and the triumph of the human spirit is the antidote to cure the wickedness of the world. Yet, in reality, they are actually following the teachings of the king of wickedness, satan.”
— Billy Crone ( ) Pastor of Get A Life Ministries & Author, Book The Final Countdown
Progressive Secular Humanism / Secular Progressive/s -
Providence or Divine Providence
* Providence or Divine Providence is defined as the hand of God that guides the affairs of man. It is the will of God being worked out in the world through man’s interaction with God, his fellow man, and with nature in conjunction with man’s free will." Required in this interaction between man and God is that God be praised for His blessings, and petitions are humbly submitted in prayer. Answered prayers, dispensed blessings and grace are always on God's terms, not mans. God is creator and “the power sustaining and guiding human destiny.
* Republicanism or "American" Republicanism is a Judeo-
Republican values can be summarized as fear of God, love of country, patriotism, respect for the sanctity of the Constitution, limited government defined by the Constitution, frugality, personal responsibility, free market or economy, respect for just laws (laws that do not violate the laws of God or as the Declaration of Independence is founded, “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”), respect for rights given by God not man or government, all men are equal in God’s eye (equal rights), equal application of the law, biblical basis of law, biblical basis of government and that liberty and freedom are gifts from God.
Republican virtues are virtues such as honesty, sincerity, integrity, responsibility, Industry, temperance, cleanliness, tranquility, silence, order, justice, moderation, chastity, economy, frugality, character, selflessness, humility, respectful, hard work, perseverance, self-
* Socialism is a secular atheistic ideology and humanistic philosophical system that aims to replace God in society. "Its purpose is to impose a totalitarian set of economic, philosophical, religious, and scientific values dictating what is good, evil, just, unjust, right, or wrong,*" and state control over indoctrination and education." (*A. R. Peach)
"Between these two beliefs-
— Joel McDurmon ( ) Preacher, Author, Speaker & Contributor at American Vision
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
— Norman Thomas (1884-
* Communism is an extension of socialism where the government controls everything including private property. All religions and dissenting opinions are rejected and abolished. The government or "state" is "god."
"The Communist vision is the vision of man without God" "I see in Communism the focus of the concentrated evil of our time"
— Whittaker Chambers (1901-
* Totalitarianism is a secular authoritative political system where the state controls everything. The individuals is of little to value, not allowed opinions nor say in decision making. For totalitarianism to carry out it’s goals, any vestiges of God must be removed or destroyed in society.
* Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines atheisim as “The disbelief of the existence of a God, or Supreme intelligent Being.” Today it is a social and political movement often engaged in removing any reference to God or religion from school, law, or society at large. It shares many aspects to secular and humanism.
Conservatism or "American" Conservatism
* Conservatism or "American" Conservatism is political movement and social philosophy, advocating for tradition social values and Constitutional principles. It supports some aspects of biblical authority on law, government, and traditional Christian morals, while mute on others. It is more focused on capitalism, limited government, debt, personal responsibility, and reducing citizen’s dependence on government. It supports citizens Constitutional rights, speech, religious expression, and liberty of conscience. The Constitution is often viewed as a fixed document where any changes need to be done through the proper amendment process and voted on by the states, not circumvented by the courts or through legislative action.
Conservatives often ignore or avoid the biblical underpinnings and religion of the Founders who created the founding documents. Members tend to focus on the law and rule of law as a means to an end, rather than the spirit of the law (what evil rather than good it is trying to eliminate or punish) and biblical basis and authority of the law. A generally held belief among most conservatives is that the United States is exceptional compared to other nations. The term often used to describe this is American Exceptional, which the credit due to country’s freedom, capitalism, and traditional values.
Crime Against the Constitution
“Any act by government or agents contrary to Constitution or law is a crime, not ‘just politics’"!
— James H. Dearmore II – Preacher Baptist Missionary
Evil or What is Considered Evil
Moral evil is any deviation of a moral agent from the rules of conduct prescribed to him by God, or by legitimate human authority; or it is any violation of the plain principles of justice and rectitude.
There are also evils called civil, which affect injuriously the peace or prosperity of a city or state; and political evils, which injure a nation, in its public capacity.
All wickedness, all crimes, all violations of law and right are moral evils. Diseases are natural evils, but they often proceed from moral evils.
— Webster’s Dictionary 1828
“When the devil cannot prevent the appearance of a noble and pure soul, he revenges himself by distorting the picture of this soul in the minds of others.”
— Sven Stolpe (1905–1996) Swedish Writer, Historian, Translator and Journalist
White Privilege -
* White Privilege – It is a term used by those in Progressives and Socialist movement which is intended to cause civil unrest and undermine Judeo-
* Tolerance – Is love without the truth. Tolerance today means subverting ones Christians biblical teachings and traditions, being pressured to accept what God has clearly indicated is sin against His laws and teachings.
“Sin is destructive to people, to families, to nations and to the church. Sinful behavior that is excused and repackaged as personal choice is Satan’s greatest deception. His greatest victories today take place within the church by those who remain silent; who are not aware of his divisive presence. … It is cowardice to excuse sin by claiming we have no right to judge what God has already judged. There is only one personal choice that decides where we spend eternity; if we choose Christ and all He stands for, we gain Heaven; if we deny Christ’s Word, we are cowards and deserve hell.”
— William Franklin Graham III (1952) CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
To be added …
"Again the LORD said to me, "There is revolt (conspiracy) among the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear my words; they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers. Therefore, thus says the LORD, Behold, I am bringing evil upon them which they cannot escape; though they cry to me, I will not listen to them."
REPROBATE, adjective [Latin reprobatus, reprobo, to disallow; re and probo, to prove.]
1. Not enduring proof or trial; not of standard purity or fineness; disallowed; rejected.
REPROBATE silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them. Jeremiah 6:30.
2. Abandoned in sin; lost to virtue or grace.
They profess that they know God, but in works deny him, being abominable and disobedient, and to every good work reprobate Titus 1:16.
3. Abandoned to error, or in apostasy. 2 Timothy 3:8.
REP'ROBATE, noun A person abandoned to sin; one lost to virtue and religion.
I acknowledge myself a reprobate a villain, a traitor to the king.
REP'ROBATE, verb transitive
1. To disapprove with detestation or marks of extreme dislike; to disallow; to reject. It expresses more than disapprove or disallow. We disapprove of slight faults and improprieties; we reprobate what is mean or criminal.
2. In a milder sense, to disallow.
Such an answer as this, is reprobated and disallowed of in law.
3. To abandon to wickedness and eternal destruction.
4. To abandon to his sentence, without hope of pardon.
Drive him out to reprobated exile.
— Webster’s Dictionary 1828
To be revised … Christanity, Republicanism
Reprobate or Reprobate Mind
Secular satanism (to be added)
…satanism is the worship of self, not the worship of Satan. The only thing that distinguishes the theological satanist from the secular satanist is that the latter follows Satan’s lead without acknowledging that he exists. credited to Matt Walsh -
Cultural Blindness (to be added)
Not being able to see the truth or understand something because your views of truth and reaility have been formed by culture which blocks it out. Because those who do see are the truth roundly criticized because they go against accepted norms of the cultural.
Influenced by the devil into accepting false doctrine, even if the one misleading believes that what he is doing is for a good reason.
Psychological warfare tactic exposing multigenerations to the ideology of Marxism and Leninism ideology while removing exposure to their conquences without being challenged or contra-
Social Justice -
Social Justice is what God thinks is moral.
Objective Truth -
Liberal Deviants -
Liberty or American Liberty
Progressivism or American Progressivism
Liberalism or Modern American Liberalism
Progressive Secular Humanism / Secular Progressive/s
Providence or Divine Providence
Conservatism or American Conservatism
Crime Against the Constitution
Evil or What is Considered Evil
Reprobate or Reprobate Mind
Doublespeak is a word coined by George Orwell book in his book Nineteen Eighty-
Forced Approval of Unbiblical Behavior Tolerance
Unborn Child Fetus
Pregnancy Biological Accident
High Taxes Social Responsibility, Fairness
Illegal Alien Undocumented Worker
Genital Mutilation Gender Reassignment, Sex Change
Stealing Wealth Redistribution
Preferential Treatment Equal Rights
Discrimination based on race Affirmative Action
Biblical Teachings on Sex Homophobia
Anti Biblical values for society Social Justice
Agitator, Radical, Anarchist Community Organizer
Biblical Morals Expressed Publically Hate Speech
World Community New World Order or World Government